BPUB Not Increasing Rates, Helps Customers Understand Electric Bills
BROWNSVILLE, TX – The Brownsville Public Utilities Board (BPUB) wants to remind customers that there is no increase in the BPUB electric rates and charges in the March bills. As temperatures dipped, this made your heating equipment run longer and at maximum capacity – thereby using more electricity. Just a few days of extreme temperatures may have caused your March bill to be higher than the February bill.
To learn how the winter storm affected March bills, BPUB encourages residential customers to look at their March electric bills and compare it to previous months. There are some tips on how to read your utility bill on BPUB’s website and social media accounts.
If a customer needs to speak to someone at BPUB or needs to discuss payment arrangements, customer service personnel is assisting customers.
Need Assistance? Payment Arrangements? Questions?
- Phone – Customer Service agents will still be available to answer any questions about customer accounts and handle payment arrangements by phone at 956-983-6121.
- Email – Send any questions you have to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Internet – Customers don’t even need to speak to a Customer Service agent to utilize the payment arrangement feature on the BPUB website.
- Assistance – BPUB works with local agencies Community Action Corporation of South Texas (956-435-0379) and Catholic Charities of the Rio Grande Valley (956-541-0220) to provide financial assistance to its customers. This includes the Elderly Low-Income Assistance Program (ELIAP) and Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) as well as BPUB’s own Project SHARE program. Go to the BPUB website to learn more.
- Donation – Customers can make a donation to the Project SHARE program when paying their bill. Look for the spot on the BPUB bill. All of these donations go to BPUB’s Project SHARE program to benefit BPUB customers.
BPUB will keep providing information on this issue. Updates will be available on the BPUB website at www.brownsville-pub.com, Facebook at facebook.com/brownsvillepub and Twitter at twitter.com/BPUB_Tweets. Customers should call 956-983-6121 or email email@example.com with any questions.