Residential and Comercial HVAC
Energy Efficiency Rebate Program
The Brownsville Public Utilities Board (BPUB) is providing rebates to purchase and install energy-efficient central air conditioners, heat pumps, and window and wall-mounted air conditioning units. By installing an energy-efficient or ENERGY STAR® rated Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) unit that qualifies in the program, BPUB can offer our customers a rebate of up to $1,200. Rebates can be for replacing existing older units or for new construction.
What is the Rebate Program?
The rebate program is only designed for BPUB Electric Residential and Small Business customers. The rebate amount will be based on the SEER rating (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) of 15 or greater for central air conditioning and heat pump systems. The rebate amount for window and wall-mounted units will be based on the overall size and cooling capacity.
Benefits of the BPUB A/C Rebate Program include:
- Reward BPUB customers for green initiatives and efforts.
- Reduce monthly customer energy consumption.
- Reduce potential and/or existing customers’ overall monthly bills.
- Provide ENERGY STAR® rated appliance awareness to the community.
- Reduce environmental emissions.
- Promote energy efficiency and conservation to BPUB’s residential and small business customers.
- Reduce BPUB’s peak load.
- Read the qualifications and terms of the BPUB A/C Rebate Program carefully.
- Require that your contractor complete and provide you with a Manual J.
- Install or retrofit an energy-efficient air conditioner or heat pump with a TACL-licensed contractor/ installer, excluding window or wall-mounted units.
- Have a third-party rater verify the correct size of the unit(s), correct installation and efficiency of ductwork.
- Fill out the BPUB A/C Rebate Program application and submit it to the address, fax or email on the agreement along with the AHRI certificate, Manual J, and equipment invoice.
- Call (956) 983-6282 or email to verify your application was received.
A Better Future
ENERGY STAR is a voluntary partnership between the government and more than 9,000 organizations, including more than 3,500 of the nation's homebuilders. Together with home buyers and their families, we are working to achieve a common goal — protecting the environment for future generations by changing to more energy-efficient practices and products today.
ENERGY STAR is a government-backed symbol for energy efficiency. It identifies new homes, buildings and more than 50 energy-efficient products and offers the features, quality and performance that today's consumers expect. Products that can earn the ENERGY STAR include windows, heating and cooling equipment, lighting, and appliances. To learn more about ENERGY STAR, visit www.energystar.gov.