Residential and Small Business Energy Efficiency Rebate Program
The Brownsville Public Utilities Board (BPUB) is providing rebates for the purchase and installation of energy-efficient central air conditioners, heat pumps, window and wall-mounted air conditioning units. By installing an energy-efficient or ENERGY STAR® rated Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) unit that qualifies in the program, BPUB can offer our customers a rebate of up to $1,200. Rebates can be for replacing existing older units or for new construction.
Benefits of the BPUB A/C Rebate Program include:
- Reward BPUB customers for green initiatives and efforts.
- Reduce monthly customer energy consumption.
- Reduce potential and/or existing customer’s overall monthly bill.
- Provide ENERGY STAR® rated appliance awareness to the community.
- Reduce environmental emissions.
- Promote energy efficiency and conservation to BPUB’s residential and small business customers.
- Reduce BPUB’s peak load.
What is the Rebate Program?
The rebate program is designed for all BPUB Electric Residential and Small Business customers only. The amount of the rebate will be based on the SEER Rating (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) of 15 or greater for central air conditioning and heat pump systems. The rebate amount for window and wall-mounted units will be based on the overall size and cooling capacity.
- Read the qualification and terms of the BPUB A/C Rebate Program carefully.
- Require that your contractor complete and provide you with a Manual J.
- Install or retrofit energy-efficient air conditioner or heat pump with a TACL licensed contractor/ installer, excluding window or wall-mounted units.
- Have a third party rater verify the correct size of the unit(s), correct installation and efficiency of ductwork.
- Fill out the BPUB A/C Rebate Program application and submit it to the address, fax or email on the agreement along with the AHRI certificate, Manual J, and equipment invoice.
- Call (956) 983-6282 or email to verify that your application was received.