Winter Weather Preparation Tips
Don't be caught off guard, prepare for winter weather.
- Prepare an emergency plan. If you have medical equipment that requires electricity or medicines that need refrigeration, plan for a backup source of energy. You can find plan ideas at ready.gov/plan.
- Follow BPUB on social media: Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Sign up for local alerts through the City of Brownsville: Get Alerts
- Make sure to fully charge all electronic devices and devices' battery chargers.
- Have account numbers and important contact information readily available.
- Visit our outage center to learn more about the types of outages and how BPUB works to restore them.
During the storm
- Make sure to follow these safety tips.
- Be prepared for possible power outages.
- Follow instructions and safety warnings from local officials.
After the storm
- Continue to monitor communication channels for current news and alerts.
- Check your home for damage to ensure your location is safe.
- Only drive if necessary, if you see our utility crew working remember to move over or slow down.
Track Electricity Demand
How to Track Electricity Demand:
- View daily peak demand forecast, current load, and available generation at http://www.ercot.com.
- Follow ERCOT on Twitter (@ERCOT_ISO) and Facebook (Electric Reliability Council of Texas).
- Sign up for the ERCOT mobile app (available for download at the Apple App Store and Google Play).
- Subscribe to the Emergency Alerts list on http://lists.ercot.com.