WaterSense High Efficiency Toilets*
How Much Water and Money Do HETs Save?
High-efficiency toilets save you money by reducing your water and wastewater costs. Over the course of a lifetime, an average person flushes the toilet nearly 140,000 times. If you install a WaterSense HET, you can save 4,000 gallons per year and your children can each save about a third of a million gallons during their lifetime. If a family of four replaces one 3.5 gpf toilet made between 1980 and 1994 with a WaterSense toilet, they can save $2,000 over the lifetime of the toilet. If the toilet being replaced was made before 1980, it uses 5 gallons per flush, so the savings will be much greater.
The WaterSense label can be applied to HETs that are certified by an independent testing laboratory to meet strict criteria for both performance and efficiency. HETs must complete the third-party certification process to earn the right to bear the WaterSense label.
Do High-Efficiency Toilets Work?
Everyone is concerned about the performance of low-flow toilets. Do they clear the bowl and leave it clean? Do they stop up frequently? Unlike the first 1.6 gallon / flush toilets, WaterSense HETs combine high efficiency with high performance. Advances in toilet design permit WaterSense HETs to save water without loss of flushing power. Many HETs actually perform better than standard toilets, a testament to the use of computers to design them rather than the trial-and-error guesswork of earlier designs.
- Applications are subject to verification. If the verification cannot be completed, the rebate will not be paid.
- Address of account must match address of installation.
- Applications must be completed and submitted within 30 days of installation of unit(s). Please allow 3-6 weeks after receipt of all documentation for the rebate to be issued.
- Rebate recipient must be a customer of BPUB water services
- The HET must be WaterSense® certified. Confirm with seller before purchasing.
- Program may be discontinued by BPUB at any time. Rebates are contingent upon fund availability.
- A one-time window air conditioning credit application per account restriction. Maximum of three units per application.
- Limit three (3) HETs per customer.
- Rebate will be in the amount of $50 (fifty dollars) per HET installed.
- HET rebate is only available to BPUB water customers.
- Call (956) 983-6282 or email to verify that your application was received.