- BPUB Board of Directors
- Purchasing & Procurement
- Public Information
- News & Information
- Human Resources
- Public Outreach & Assistance Programs
The SHARE Program provides bill payment assistance to BPUB residential customers affected by the recent COVID-19 pandemic.
If you feel you qualify, please call the
following agencies to make an appointment:
Community Action Corporation of South Texas
- or -
Catholic Charities of the Rio Grande Valley (CCRGV)
The following documents will be required:
- BPUB billing statement
- Proof of income for the last 30 days
- Any supporting documents for unemployment or underemployment
The SHARE Program provides assistance to BPUB residential customers who are:
- Low income
- Unemployed due to COVID-19
- Furloughed due to COVID-19
- Underemployed due to COVID-19 (reduced hours, loss of income)
- Arrears – Customer account cannot be past due more than two months
- Customers can only be assisted on bills that are past due
- $200 limit per client, per month. Other limitations may apply. Payment is subject to availability of funds.
*Subject to program requirements
The ELIAP provides a second billing assistance program that is administered by a qualified third-party. The ELIAP project is subject to funding allocations by BPUB and is available to residential customers who can demonstrate low-income status and are considered elderly.
The Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) is a utility assistance program designed to assist low income households in meeting their immediate energy needs.
For questions or assistance regarding the CEA Program, please call Community Action Corporation of South Texas at: