Payment arrangements are available to Brownsville Public Utilities Board customers to pay off a past-due bill to keep their utility accounts in good standing. Typically, this is in the form of an extension of the due date for the past due bill.
How to Set Up a Payment Arrangement?
Qualifying customers may apply for payment arrangements through BPUB's automated phone system or through the MyAccount portal under the payment options menu tab.
For questions regarding payment arrangements, contact BPUB Customer Service at 956-983-6121.
The SHARE Program provides bill payment assistance to BPUB residential customers affected by the recent COVID-19 pandemic.
Download the application and submit it to one of the following agencies for processing.
Community Action Corporation of South Texas
- or -
Catholic Charities of the Rio Grande Valley (CCRGV)
The following documents will be required:
- BPUB billing statement
- Proof of income for the last 30 days
- Any supporting documents for unemployment or underemployment
The SHARE Program provides assistance to BPUB residential customers who are:
- Elderly - 62 years or older
- Low Income
- Experiencing High Medical Expenses
- Experiencing Funeral Expenses
- Unemployed or Underemployed due to COVID-19
- Read the complete program requirements
- Arrears – Customer account cannot be past due more than two months
- Customers can only be assisted on bills that are past due
- $200 limit per client, per month. Other limitations may apply. Payment is subject to availability of funds.
*Subject to program requirements
The ELIAP provides a second billing assistance program that is administered by a qualified third party. The ELIAP project is subject to funding allocations by BPUB and is available to residential customers who can demonstrate low-income status and are considered elderly. Read the program guidelines.
The Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) is a utility assistance program designed to assist low-income households in meeting their immediate energy needs.
For questions or assistance regarding the CEAP, please call Community Action Corporation of South Texas at: