BPUB Rotating Outage Update – 9 a.m.
BROWNSVILLE, Texas – The following is an update on areas being impacted by rotating outages due to ongoing, prolonged and widespread frigid weather occurring across the state. BPUB will send these bulletins out as the information is received. Please understand that this information can change quickly.
Areas with Power Restored
- Land-o-Lakes; E Price Rd; Padre Island Hwy; Fruitdale; Robindale; Jaime Zapata Ave and surrounding streets
- Naranjo Rd; Villa Los Pinos Sub; Los Vecinos Sub; Olmito Estates Sub.
Areas with Power Shed (No Power)
- Paredes Ln, La Villita, Emerald Valley, Emerald Cove, La Mancha Dr, Galveston Rd, Candlewick Apts., Palo Alto Subd, Price Rd and surrounding streets
- Salida De Luna; Ruben Torres Blvd; N Central Ave; Towerwood Dr; Commercial Dr; Mar St; San Luis Dr; San Mateo Dr; San Francisco Dr; Wild Bird Ln; Padre Island Hwy; N Illinois Ave; Ted Hunt Dr; and surrounding streets
The rotating outages will continue until ERCOT instructs BPUB to discontinue.
If a customer continues to experience a power outage after a report that power has been restored it may likely require further troubleshooting by BPUB Crews. The customer should report the power outage to BPUB. We ask customers to remain patient while BPUB personnel further investigates the outage.
BPUB is asking consumers to curtail electric usage by taking following steps:
- Turn down thermostats to 68-degrees.
- Close shades and blinds to reduce the amount of heat lost through windows.
- Turn off and unplug non-essential lights and appliances.
- Avoid using large appliances (i.e., ovens, washing machines, etc.).
- Wear warm, comfortable clothing
BPUB will keep providing information throughout the emergency. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation.
— 30 —