BPUB Rotating Outage Update – 3:35 p.m.
BROWNSVILLE, Texas – The following is an update on areas being impacted by rotating outages due to ongoing, prolonged and widespread frigid weather occurring across the state. BPUB will send these bulletins out as the information is received. Please understand that this information can change quickly.
Areas with Power Restored
- 188 customers in the area of Port of Brownsville (Capt Donald Foust & RL Ostos); N Indiana and surrounding streets
Areas with Power Shed (No Power)
- 643 customers in the area of E University Blvd; Veteran’s Bridge; E Harrison to Polk St; N Frontage to Wilson St and surrounding streets
The rotating outages will continue until ERCOT instructs BPUB to discontinue.
If a customer continues to experience a power outage after a report that power has been restored it may likely require further troubleshooting by BPUB Crews. The customer should report the power outage to BPUB. We ask customers to remain patient while BPUB personnel further investigates the outage.
BPUB is asking consumers to curtail electric usage by taking following steps:
- Turn down thermostats to 68-degrees.
- Close shades and blinds to reduce the amount of heat lost through windows.
- Turn off and unplug non-essential lights and appliances.
- Avoid using large appliances (i.e., ovens, washing machines, etc.).
- Wear warm, comfortable clothing
BPUB will keep providing information throughout the emergency. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation.
— 30 —