BPUB Rotating Outage Update – 1:10 p.m.
BROWNSVILLE, Texas – The following is an update on areas being impacted by rotating outages due to ongoing, prolonged and widespread frigid weather occurring across the state. BPUB will send these bulletins out as the information is received. Please understand that this information can change quickly.
Areas with Power Restored
- 1656 customers in the area of Sports Park; Villa del Norte; Windwood Way; West Lake; Tandy; Squaw Valley; Hidden Meadows
Areas with Power Shed (No Power)
- 1806 customers in the area of FM 802; Hudson Blvd; Village Center Dr; Seville; Duck Pond; Heritage Trail; Res Dr; Janet Ln; Trails Head Ct; Paseo Plaza Blvd and the surrounding streets
- 322 customers along N. Coria St., E. Los Ebanos Blvd., Cypress Dr., W. Price Rd., Boca Chica Blvd. and surrounding streets
- 1148 customers located on Country Club Rd, Wildrose Ln, Coria St, Central Blvd, Pecan St, Colonal Dr, Mirasol Ave, Rosita St, Price Rd and the surrounding streets
- 729 customers along Central Blvd, Military Hwy, East Dr, Jo Ann Ln, Water St, East Dr and surrounding streets
The rotating outages will continue until ERCOT instructs BPUB to discontinue.
If a customer continues to experience a power outage after a report that power has been restored it may likely require further troubleshooting by BPUB Crews. The customer should report the power outage to BPUB. We ask customers to remain patient while BPUB personnel further investigates the outage.
BPUB is asking consumers to curtail electric usage by taking following steps:
- Turn down thermostats to 68-degrees.
- Close shades and blinds to reduce the amount of heat lost through windows.
- Turn off and unplug non-essential lights and appliances.
- Avoid using large appliances (i.e., ovens, washing machines, etc.).
- Wear warm, comfortable clothing
BPUB will keep providing information throughout the emergency. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation.
— 30 —