BPUB Reopens Drive-Thru Lanes
BROWNSVILLE, TX – The Brownsville Public Utilities Board (BPUB) will reopen the drive-thru lanes at the BPUB Administration Building starting Monday, May 18. The drive-thru lanes will be available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
BPUB performed a soft reopening of the drive-thru lanes from May 11-15, which saw traffic from customers. Other customer service operations will remain closed to walk-in traffic for customer and employee safety because of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Customer service agents will be available by phone or email for any other issues.
• Online – Just go to BPUB’s website, www.brownsville-pub.com/, for easy online access.
• Phone – Dial 956-983-6121 and follow the menu options to pay your bill. This service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
• Drop Box – While the Administration Building lobby will be closed, customers can still utilize the drop box at 1425 Robinhood Drive to leave payments.
• Drive-Thru – There are five drive-thru lanes behind the Administration Building open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
• U.S. Mail – Payments may be mailed to P.O. Box 660566; Dallas, TX 75266-0566
• Autopay – Set it and forget it. This option allows customers to set up automatic payments each month through a credit card or checking account.
• Phone – Bill assistance is available to customers who are unemployed or underemployed (reduction of work hours, furloughed) as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Customers must be qualified by a third-party fund administrator, Community Action Corporation of South Texas, by calling 956-435-0379. There is additional information about BPUB’s various assistance program on the BPUB website.
• Phone – Customer Service agents will still be available to handle payment arrangements by phone at 956-983-6121.
• Internet – Customers don’t even need to speak to a Customer Service agent to utilize the payment arrangement feature on the BPUB website.
Connection/Disconnection of Service
• Phone – Customers who need to open a new service account or close an existing account can do so by phone at 956-983-6121.
• Internet – Customers can skip the phone call and go right to the BPUB website.
The community is encouraged to continue practicing social distancing. To do so, customers should save the BPUB web app to their phones. It is accessible at https://assist.brownsville-pub.com and can be saved to the desktop of any phone or mobile device. It’s a one-stop portal to report any type of service issue or pay a bill.
Any official statement regarding changes to BPUB’s daily operations will be posted on BPUB’s official social media channels as well as the BPUB website.
BPUB will continue to monitor this public health event and will make any changes as appropriate to ensure continuity of service for all BPUB customers during this time. For more information, customers can call 956-983-6121 from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday or visit the website at www.brownsville-pub.com, Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/brownsvillepub or Twitter at https://twitter.com/BPUB_Tweets.