Annual testing of backflow prevention assemblies is required by BPUB Cross-connection and Backflow Prevention Program.
BPUB will send out notification letters regarding the annual testing of external and internal backflow assemblies at commercial and residential sites. To satisfy testing requirements, the following must be completed:
Hire a licensed tester to conduct the test.
- Testing of an irrigation backflow prevention assembly must be performed by a licensed backflow prevention assembly tester.
- Testing of a backflow assembly on a "fireline" service must be tested by a licensed fireline tester.
- All testing coordination must be organized between the customer and the tester.
The tester will complete a Test & Maintenance Report (T & M) for each backflow assembly on the premise.
- BPUB Test and Maintenance Report Forms - Domestic & Irrigation
- BPUB Test and Maintenance Checklist - Domestic & Irrigation
- BPUB Test and Maintenance Report Forms - Fireline
- BPUB test and Maintenance Checklist - Fireline
If the test reveals that the assembly is not operating satisfactorily, necessary repairs must be made to resolve the issue(s) with the backflow prevention assembly. The assembly then will need to be retested by the tester. All backflow prevention assemblies should be able to satisfy all testing requirements at all times.