The Brownsville Public Utilities Board (BPUB) consists of three (3) departments: (Click on each division for more information)
By delivering exceptional electric, water and wastewater services to the Brownsville area, BPUB has set the standard as a customer-focused, municipally owned utility (MOU) offering reliable services the community can depend on. Today, BPUB is ranked as one of the largest MOUs in the state and country.
In support of these major departments are:
- Customer Service-Serving our customers is an important job that we take seriously.
- Human Resources-Hiring and retaining the best qualified staff to serve Brownsville.
- Purchasing-Keeping an eye on all costs and quality in check is key.
- Finance-Oversees operations and maintenance budgetary matters.
- Communications-Making sure you are informed about your service in important.
In this leadership role, BPUB has built its reputation on providing quality electric, water and wastewater services for a community with an estimated population of 176,000 and some customers outside city limits. BPUB provides 46,000 industrial, commercial and residential customers with electric service, about 47,000 with water service, and about 47,000 with sewer service both inside and outside the city’s corporate boundaries and to the Port of Brownsville and its industries.